It’s a lazy Sunday afternoon, tried to make this burnt sugar steam cake aka 馬來糕 for the first time. This may be the most complicated recipe I tried so far. Yummy✌️
Recipe (serve 15 cups)
- Cook 1 cup of sugar in a small pot , stir continuously till it turned brown. Add in 1 cup of hot water slowly. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Whip following with high speed mixer for 5 minutes. (3 eggs, 1/2 cup of cooking oil, 2 table spoon of butter, 2 table spoons of sweetener, 1 teaspoon of ovellete)
- Add in the burnt sugar mixture slowly into the egg-oil mixture n whip for another 3 minutes
- Fold the sieved 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour + 1 teaspoon of soda bicarbonate + 1 teaspoon of baking powder into above mixtures.
- Pour the mixtures into the paper cup mould and steam for 15 minutes.