I decided to try the other fruit enzyme preparation method. Hope the results better than the first on.
- 1 Portion of raw honey (100ml)
- 3 Portions of fruits (2 big dragon fruits and 1 lemon)
- 10 Portions of water (1 litre)
- 3 table spoons of Organic Oligo Answer Liquid
- Clean the fruits, utensils, glass containers and let it drip dry.
- Peel all the fruits and cut into small pieces.
- Pour all the honey into the container.
- Put all the cut fruits into the glass container.
- Add in the water.
- Stir the mixture well with a clean spoon.
- Arrange layers of lemon on top.
- Cover the last layer with Organic Oligo Answer Liquid.
- The ingredients should not more than 80% of the container.
- Close the container tightly and leave it in dry and cool place.
- “Rock and Roll” the container daily. Ensure all the fruits are immerse in the liquid to prevent mold / fungus growth.
- After 3-4 days, open the cover and stir the content with a clean spoon. Close the lid.
- If necessary open the cover to release the gases and repeat when necessary (Note: should open and close immediately)
- The enzyme should be ready to be consumed after 3 months.
- Separate the fruit from liquid and transfer the enzyme into new clean glass and keep in the refrigerator to preserve it better.
Note : the longer the enzyme, the better of its effects
Update on 28 September 2008
After 3 months of waiting, I harvested my dragon fruit enzyme 2 weeks ago!
All the fruit have “settled” at the bottom of the bottle. The enzyme was thick & sticky and took me some times to separate the fruit from the liquid. I only managed to get 500ml of enzyme after the separation process.
I mixed 2 table-spoon of enzyme with 100ml of water and consume it with empty stomach. This enzyme is not sweet but taste good. I can felt the alcohol “re-action” in my body immediately!
I also used the fruit waste to prepare the garbage enzyme! Nothing is WASTED!
Related fruit enzyme making write-up