When I was young, I just can’t imagine what life will be in 2020….. and now a new year is just around the corner.
2019 is an extremely busy year (and stressful for many hong kongers too) with many changes and challenges.
1. I decided to give myself a 2019 new year gift by ditched the dyes and turned my hair greys naturally. Now that my transition has completed and with the winter light, I love all the shades and it looks different every day!❤️
2. Hong kongers life have changed so much since June. Protests, rallies, boycotts, Police brutality…. the democratic movement is not only caused social unrest and stress, it’s also torn apart the society, family and friendships. Hope to see some lights in 2020!
3. I had an expanded job roles in the last quarter of the year. With Mary leaving and arrival of Mayee, plus the HR restructuring, it’s a challenging changes.
4. Digitalisation has became part of my daily jargon now. Started with >100 OJL II classes in china & hk, then introduction of digitalisation tools, and now digital transformation projects. Life is busy with all the never ending discussion, exploration, integration meeting and planning works. Will see more actions in next 1-3 years.
5. For the 1st time in our adulthood life, I travel with my 2 sisters for a week long Japan trip. Great bonds. Hope to do a trip with my 2 brothers one day.
6. I went to Italy for a last minute working trip and ended up a short visit to Milan and Florence. The round island trip to Jeju was also fun. Wish I had more holidays in future 😄
7. SS came and visited me twice this year (that’s equal to my number of trip back home 🤣), first for the Jacky Cheung concert earlier of the year, then a year end relaxing vacation. Many friends came visited HK even in this turbulence period. Thanks. I am now looking forward to my CNY return home trip to reunite and catch up with friends and family.
8. I moved house (again!!) just few days before calling the year end. This is my 4th house since I moved to hk, and I am now back to Fanling where I started in hk 4 years ago 😂. I had a spare guess room, feel free to visit me anytime.
9. I saw young friends departed, experienced the sorrow of colleagues due to sickness. As age is catching up, I have invested more time in my health and exercise. I will also continue the supports for the needy and building a better and just society (i just donated the biggest sum of the year to the Pow Solidarity Fund before 2019 end). Hope to see a better me and society in 2020 and many many years to come.
10. Malaysia is entering 2020 with the same PM who promoted Wawasan 2020 vision 30 years ago. Although the new PH government is disappointing, but I am still hope 2020 will bring Malaysian together for a better, just, peaceful, loving, respectful and progressive society!